Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thifting Thursday

I know, I know, its not Thursday but I still wanted to create this post, mainly because I have enough down time to think and write.

I am a very very thrifty person (in more ways than one).  I love to save money, but that is not the primary reason that I shop mainly at thrift stores.  I love thrift stores and have transitioned to solely shopping at thrift stores to find my clothes and accessories.  A year or so back I stumbled upon Wardrobe Refashion, which truly inspired me.  I signed up on my own accord, because I really never signed up through the website, but I still followed all the sign up rules.  I decided to give it a try and see how long I could last.  I  only refashioned and only bought at thrift stores.  I absolutely loved it!  I love that my clothes are unique, that I am helping out our environment, and that I am not contributing to the corporate nation that we live under. So was born my complete obsession with thrifting!


Enough blah, blah, blah, now onto the good stuff.  I came up with this Thursday Thrift post idea in the shower, I was really impressed with myself thinking "how could I have not thought of this sooner".  Well I later came to realize later that I had seen this before, and on one of my favorite blogs, Secret Agent Josephine had done it, but only a few days earlier than I had! LOL.  Im sure others out there have same post but I hope my take on it will be al little different.

So starting thursday I hope to post some new thrift store finds, which I do have many of.

Happy Caturday!

-Pita

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I like that idea! I would follow suit since I love thrifting, but I have way too many things... I need to do the opposite, maybe a donate thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvita, I actually never started this, maybe this will be the month that I actually post my thrift finds. I like the donate thursday, but you should post on Etsy and sell your goodies.

    ReplyDelete