Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Frida Kahlo Doll

Here is my Frida Kahlo doll.  I love this doll, I have been meaning to post this on etsy asap.  I will be making more dolls as soon as I can.  
 I started off by making this little template. 
 
I embroidered a heart onto her chest.  I didnt like the color of the cloth so I decided to paint her.  I mixed some fabric paint and painted her once I filled her with poly fill. I also decided that she needed some chones.
I braided her hair and attached it.  I wasnt sure about her heart and then I realized a great way to fix the misplacement of the heart.  I decided to paint her a chest cast.  I painted her beautiful face, but will probably change somethings on the next doll.
  I then made a circle skirt and a little shirt, then she was done. hehe.
I am hoping to participate in my first craft show and I am extremely nervous.  I have been an a crafty roll and hope to continue.  Soon I will post pics of these projects.  Thanks for reading.

-Pita.

1 comment:

  1. you make something so detailed look so simple :)

    where do i place my orders?

    ReplyDelete