Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Classroom Crafts

I wanted to share a little sumtin sumtin from my classroom.  I teach at a Montessori Hybrid school, which means that I use Montessori materials in the classroom as well as traditional teaching techniques.

After making a gazillion copies and laminating all of them I was able to complete my language materials.  Montessori language is broken up into pink, blue and green material.  The green material contains digraphs and high frequency words.  My first graders work with these materials daily, but I needed a way to display and separate each word grouping.

I decided to make little fabric envelopes.   Each envelope has a digraph so that each student can choose which they would like to work with.




I like how they turned out.

Anyways, lately I have been really inspired.  This makes me really happy because it give me hope that my little crafty light is shinning bright.

Ps. I hope to start posting more about clothing, I have found a new passion for clothes and vintage.  I took the pledge to only buy vintage or thrifted clothing about a year ago and have been really good about not purchasing any new items. I hope to post some clothing alterations soon.

Hope to post more soon!



-Pita

No comments:

Post a Comment