Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Thai Lettuce Wraps II


A while back I posted a blog regarding my attempts to make Thai Lettuce Wraps. I had mentioned that once I got around to cookin’ I would post pictures. Well ladies and gents here they are, the pictures of my lettuce wraps. They were soooo freaking yummy. I loved them and have made them once more since I took these pictures.
Here is the recipe; which I changed to fit my needs.






Ingredients
4 boneless top loin pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
Vegetable oil cooking spray

Marinade:
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon of lime juice

Wraps:
2 large heads butterhead lettuce, leaves separated
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
1/2 English cucumber, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
2 ounces thin rice noodles (vermicelli-style)
16 sprigs fresh cilantro, stems removed

Sauce:
1/4 cup prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup prepared Thai peanut sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Directions
1.  Marinate pork in marinate ingredients. Refrigerate 1to 4 hours
2.  Cook pork in a lightly sprayed pan. Sear, 3 minutes per side. Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, about 9 minutes longer. Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
3.  While pork is resting, soak rice noodles in very hot water for 10 minutes, then drain. Arrange stack of large lettuce leaves attractively on large serving platter. Place carrots, cucumber, rice noodles, and cilantro leaves in small dishes and arrange on serving platter. Combine sauce ingredients and transfer sauce to small bowl or ramekin.
4.  Cut pork into thin slices. If desired, lay 3 medium-sized leaves of lettuce on serving platter and arrange pork on lettuce.
5.  To assemble, let each guest place a lettuce leaf on an appetizer plate. Mound a bit of rice noodles, carrot, and cucumber on lettuce; top with a few slices of pork. Drizzle with sauce and add a couple cilantro leaves. Fold over the lettuce to form a roll and enjoy.

Since I was in the cooking mood I also made Flan, but I cheated because it was made from the box. Nevertheless the flan was still delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment